Sabtu, 09 Juni 2012

What Does Love Mean?


        Talking about love, it would never end. Love is something universal, abstract, and full of meanings. Like Jason Mraz’s lyric of the song “I’m Yours”: …………look into your heart and you’ll find love love love…….. So, love only could be felt in your heart.

         Nowadays, many people glorifying love. They think that love is everything and they cannot live without love. I think this is so naïve to interpret the love like that.

        However, love can give positive things and negative things. In a positive thing, for example, if we love our parents, we would do anything to make them happy. Whereas in a negative thing, for example, if you love someone, you are going to do whatever he/she wants for you to do, although that’s something bad. Oh my God…! Hope it will not happen to us because that is so bad. I remember an old song by Meat Loaf with the title “I Would Do Anything For Love”. Wow…… How tremendous!

      In fact, a lot of people misunderstand about the meaning of love. For instance, when a man sees a beautiful woman, he will say that he falls in love. Also, when a woman sees a handsome or a rich man,  she will says that she falls in love. Is this love? Instead, I guess. This is lust. When someone is not beautiful anymore, love can be disappeared. When your couple getting older or getting wrinkled on his/her face, you don’t love him/her anymore. You’ll leave him/her. Is this love? Not at all!

       Actually, love is more than that. Love is not selected, beauty or ugly, rich or poor, or whatever…… when you give your heart to someone without expecting something, that’s love! Love is giving without seeing more or less someone who we love. Like a mother gave her love without expecting replies. She just gives more and more without asking. Like a prophet who loved his people, he didn’t expect replies, he just wanted us to be happy in the world and the hereafter. As Rabiah Al-Adawiyah, a woman sufi, she loved God with no hope of heaven. So, love is just accepting with sincerity.

         In addition, I have cats and I really love them. I couldn’t angry when they scratch or bite me. I just let it happen, because I love them.

              At the end, what does love mean? According to me, love is all about giving, receiving, and willing without asking :)

1 komentar: